App-solutely smart! Submit your Mobile Application to get global recognition!
Do you have a mobile application that should be shown to the world? Do you use mobile technology to make an impact on the society?
The World Summit Award Mobile (WSA-mobile) is a global initiative to select and promote the world’s best in mobile content and innovative applications within the framework of, and in cooperation with, the United Nations’ World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), mandated by the WSIS Plan of Action and executed in collaboration with UNESCO, UNIDO and UN GAID.
WSA-mobile seeks for mobile treasures in 2014 – so make sure to submit your project until May 25, 2014 for the pre-selection of WSA-mobile in LATVIA – please fill in the APPLICATION FORM!
National Expert Board will nominate eight apps from Latvia – one in each contest category.
Who can apply?
The WSA-mobile is open to any company, organisation or individual in the content industry in any UN and UNESCO member state. From health to business, from science to inclusion: the eight m-WSA categories reflect most crucial social issues of every-day life around the globe.
WSA evaluation criteria for best practice in m-Contents and applications
The evaluation criteria are tied to the concept of excellence in content and creativity. The notion of excellence includes the notion of innovation in terms of applications. The WSA-mobile is a content-focused award. It does not evaluate the commercial success nor the organizational implementation and use of products. The criteria of the WSA-mobile are technical in terms of content solutions and of creative uses of multimedia technologies. There are five criteria considered by the Jury. The averaged sum of these five criteria is calculated as the technical score and used for ranking in the evaluation process.
- Quality of content and comprehensiveness
- Ease of use on the small screen: navigation and orientation
- Quality of design: aesthetic value of graphics / music or sounds
- Range of functionalities
- Technical quality: performance, craftsmanship, stability
S – Strategic importance for the development of a quality Information Society.
A – Accessibility: cost effectiveness meeting the social and economic needs of intended user groups.
What applications are potential winners?
WSA puts the focus on content, on creativity, value add for users:
- be it a simple sms based application, a creative app,
- or a great mobile version of a webpage
Judges always have a look at the appropriateness of the application - how does the application face the local challenges and needs!
Winners of 2012
Benefits for producers to participate
- Get recognized as best mobile content and represent your country in a global contest!
- Join a global network and promote your idea!
- Learn what is happening in terms of innovative and creative content on a global scale and get inspired!
The World Summit Award mobile offers to all its winners:
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including pitching sessions, awarding ceremony and project exhibition booth (accomodation and meals provided; we will provide some travel grants to NGOs, StartUps)
- Workshops on how to turn your local app into a global success
- Knowledge sharing with the world's most outstanding app developers
- Contacts to sponsors and partners
- A video detailing your project success
- Access to the WSA network of experts and industry leaders in over 160 countries.
- Special placement on WSA website
- Featuring in the WSA-mobile Catalogue 2014
- Long-term coverage via all our editorial channels like Blogs, Articles, Success Stories, Twitter, Facebook