On November 21 – 23, 2013 the brand new international conference entitled “CONT_ACT RIGA 2013: E‑Government CONTent and ACTions – Effective Public Services” took place in Riga.
The aim of the international conference was to bring together up to 250 e-governance experts and decision makers from the Baltic Sea Region, Russia and Commonwealth of Independent States to share experiences of the governments and ICT industry and to look for ways to increase the efficiency of governments and a public service delivery by broadening the use of modern electronic tools.
The conference was organized by The Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of the Republic of Latvia in cooperation with Latvian IT Cluster.
- E-government policy and development of the Public Services System in Latvia (Arnis Daugulis,Deputy State Secretary for ICT, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of Latvia)
- ICT-enabled public services and service innovation:trends and prospects (Jeremy Millard, Danish Technological Institut)
- e-Estonia: building a digital government (Siim Sikkut, ICT Policy Adviser Government Office)
- E-government – Content and activities. Saint-Petersburg Government (Dmitry Nalbandyan, St.Petersburg Information and Analytical Centre)
- Целевая модель электронного управления (Victor Valeyev, ICT Association, Ukraine)
- Public electronic services in Lithuania (Rytis Kalinauska, Deputy director of the Information Society Development Committee under the Ministry Transport and Communications)
- General Overview of E-services. Agency for Real Estate Cadastre (Goce Gruevski, Project and Training Agency for Real Estate Cadastre, Republic of Macedonia)
- Recent projects in Latvian geospatial area and creation of commercial services by re-using public data
- E-services - the e!cient delivery of public services
- E-procurement - friendly and e!cient government tool
- Technological and security aspects of shared platforms and services
- Transparent, efficient and accountable governance
- Opening of the Conference (Reinis Zitmanis (moderator), Arnis Daugulis (Deputy State Secretary on behalf of the Minister of Environmental Protection and Regional Development) and Lilita Sparane (Executive Director of the Latvian IT Cluster))
- E-government policy and development of the public services system in Latvia (Arnis Daugulis)
- ICT-enabled public services and service innovation, trends and prospects (Jeremy Millard)
- E-services in Estonia
- E-services in Russia
- E-services in Ukraine
- E-services in Lithuania
- E-services in Moldova
- E-services in Georgia
- E-services in Denmark
- E-services in Macedonia
- Panel discussion "What is the government role within Public Services? How privat sector can contribute? IT as driver of Public Sector productivity and efficiency?"
Pictures from conference you can find here.
This event has been produced with the financial assistance of the Estonia – Latvia – Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme within European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument 2007 – 2013. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of Latvian IT Cluster and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the Programme, Programme participating countries, alongside with the European Union. The Programme web-site is www.estlatrus.eu.
In parallel the second information and communication technology (ICT) exhibition and conference RIGA COMM 2013 will be held from 22 until 24 November at the International Exhibition Centre Ķīpsala in Riga. The exhibition will enable producers, traders and service providers to learn about and try the hottest novelties of the ICT industry from all over the world.
More than 50 ICT companies from Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Russia will participate in the exhibition RIGA COMM 2013. The participants will present interactive and innovative ICT solutions, business applications, IT outsourcing services, safety solutions, telecommunications products, internet and marketing services, etc. to the professionals of the industry, managers of the companies and other stakeholders.
It is planned that more than 3,000 professionals of the ICT industry, businesses, business leaders, solution suppliers and buyers from the Baltic countries, Scandinavian countries, Germany and CIS countries will meet at the exhibition.
Simultaneously the largest exhibition project in the Baltic states for photography and video production professionals and for people, for whom photography and video is a hobby or a necessity – the second international photo and video exhibition and forum Riga Photo Show 2013 will be held in the adjacent hall of Ķīpsala.
RIGA COMM is organised by the International Exhibition Company BT 1.
For more information please visit: www.rigacomm.com