Latvian IT Cluster is one of 13 Latvian clusters to be supported in the new Latvian Cluster Programme
On February 1, 2017, Latvian IT Cluster signed an agreement with Central Finance and Contracting Agency for implementation of project No 188.8.131.52/16/A/004 “Promotion of competitiveness and export capacity of IT industry”. Project is supported by the European Regional Development Fund.
The project aims to increase the turnover of cluster companies through developing local and international cooperation of the cluster companies and partners.
Project activities will be implemented until 2020 and some of the planned activities include:
- Trade missions, experience exchange and mentoring for export promotion;
- Development of presentation materials of IT industry;
- Renewal of cluster management excellence certificate;
- Research about IT industry reputation and productivity;
- Cross-sectoral cooperation and campaign “Logical Selection”
- Programmer Days in cooperation with Latvian universities
- Career Days events
- Development of a joint industry product.